Visitors can enjoy all that Kaiserslautern has to offer including the forests, entertainment choices, and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's soccer matches, zoo, and temples.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Kaiserslautern
- The closest major airport is in Mannheim (MHG), 33.9 mi (54.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Frankfurt (HHN-Frankfurt - Hahn), 41.2 mi (66.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaiserslautern
Favorite places to visit in the city include St. Martin's Church, Palatinate Gallery of Art, and Fritz-Walter-Stadion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kaiserslautern Zoo and Palatinate Forest Nature Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kaiserslautern. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Art Hotel Lauterbach - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a terrace and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- SAKS Urban Design Hotel Kaiserslautern - Our customers like the comfortable beds and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a nightclub, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Restaurant Barbarossahof - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Getting Around Kaiserslautern
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Kaiserslautern Central Station, Kaiserslautern West Station, or Kaiserslautern Pfaffwerk Station. Kaiserslautern might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Kaiserslautern
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 62°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 1.14 inches of rain falls on Kaiserslautern each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F