Visiting La Palma
Visitors can enjoy all that La Palma has to offer including its volcano viewpoints. This city also attracts tourists with its rural and tucked away setting. Top sights in the city include Santa Cruz de la Palma Harbour, Caldera de Taburiente National Park, and Puerto Naos Beach.
- There are 450 hotels and other accommodations in La Palma
- The closest major airport is in Santa Cruz de la Palma (SPC), 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in La Palma
Cultural venues in the city include Insular Museum, Seda Las Hilanderas Museum, and Las Manchas Wine Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Roque de los Muchachos Observatory, San Antonio Volcano, and Fuencaliente Lighthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Caldera de Taburiente National Park, Puerto Naos Beach, and Tazacorte Beach.
In La Palma, you'll be able to select from 450 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel San Telmo - Amenities at this 2-star hotel include a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Benahoare - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Los Llanos features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Sol La Palma Apartamentos - This 3-star hotel in Puerto Naos features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Other top sights in La Palma include Santa Cruz de la Palma Harbour.
Dressing for La Palma
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- La Palma gets about 4.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 51°F