Visiting Texas City
Visitors to Texas City are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games and opera houses. Top sights around the area include Kemah Boardwalk, Johnson Space Center - NASA, and Galveston Island Railroad Museum.
- You'll find 1692 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Galveston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Texas City
Favorite places to visit in the city include Texas City Museum, Texas City Dike, and Bayou Golf Club. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bayou Golf Course and College of the Mainland.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Texas City. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Texas City Houston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Texas City - Our customers like the pool and quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Texas City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable beds.
Popular places to visit around the area include Kemah Boardwalk, 12.8 mi/20.6 km from the city center, and Johnson Space Center - NASA, which is 16 mi (25.8 km) away.
Dressing for Texas City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Texas City each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F