Families will find kid-friendly activities in Katy, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and theaters. Around the area, top sights include Katy Mills Mall, CityCentre, and Houston Premium Outlets.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Katy
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (IAH-George Bush Intercontinental), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 34.1 mi (54.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Katy
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Katy Veterans Memorial Museum. The picturesque setting of Mary Jo Peckham Park and Katy Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Katy Mills Mall and LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Katy. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Premier Energy Corridor - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston/Katy - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brookshire - Katy Freeway - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include CityCentre, 15.8 mi/25.4 km from the heart of the city, and Houston Premium Outlets, which is 14.9 mi/24 km away.
Dressing for Katy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 96°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Katy gets about 49.80 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F