Lake Placid Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you're not able to find a motel in Lake Placid, consider some of the motels we suggest around the area or let Expedia help you find something similar from over 41 lodging options. Simply use our search tools to filter by nightly room rate or cost-effective amenities such as free parking and free airport transportation.
By saving on your room price, you can make the most of what Lake Placid has to offer. In the area, favorite places to visit include Sebring International Raceway.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels in the larger area:
Ramada by Wyndham Lake Placid
- If driving, you'll be within 24 minutes of Sebring International Raceway.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Travelodge Suites by Wyndham Lake Okeechobee
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- Central Lake Placid is 34.6 mi (55.7 km) away
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the heart of Lake Placid
- Central Lake Placid is 33.6 mi (54 km) away
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Knights Inn Arcadia
- 31 mi (50 km) from the heart of Lake Placid
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Things to Do in Lake Placid
Those who've visited Lake Placid love the lakeside setting. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this relaxing, family-friendly area while you're sightseeing.
Enjoy nature with a stop at:
- Lake June-in-Winter Scrub State Park
- Lake Istokpoga
To learn about the area's history, take time to see:
- Lake Placid Tower
- Sebring City Pier
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Murals of Lake Placid
- Historical Society Depot Museum
- Henscratch Farms
Lake Placid is also notable for its:
- Live music
Best Time to Visit Lake Placid
Determine the optimal time to visit Lake Placid by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 82° F and nighttime temperatures average 46° F
- April-June: 92° F is the daytime average and 54° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 93° F and nighttime averages are around 67° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 89° F during the day and 47° F at night
- Average rainfall is 52.17 inches in a year
How to Get to Lake Placid and Around the Area
Lake Placid Transportation
|Sebring, FL (SEF-Sebring Regional) ||Airport ||11 mi (17.6 km) |
|Avon Park, FL (AVO-Avon Park Executive) ||Airport ||22.8 mi (36.7 km) |