History buffs will enjoy exploring Leesburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, sporting events, and wineries. Top sights around the area include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center and Great Falls Park.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Leesburg
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leesburg
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dodona Manor and Oatlands Historic House and Gardens. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and Village at Leesburg. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Morven Park and Museum of Hounds and Hunting.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Leesburg. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Leesburg - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Comfort Suites Leesburg - Our customers like the central location and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Leesburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, 16.5 mi/26.6 km from the city center, and Great Falls Park, which is 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away.
Dressing for Leesburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 41.38 inches of rain falls on Leesburg each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°F