Families will find kid-friendly activities in Herndon, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, and Great Falls Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Herndon
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Herndon
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Industrial Strength Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Frying Pan Farm Park and Herndon Centennial Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Herndon. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon - Reston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Washington Dulles Marriott Suites - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to the airport at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room sofa bed.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Herndon Reston - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its overall value and clean rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, located 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center, and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, which is 7 mi/11.2 km away.
Dressing for Herndon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Herndon gets about 41.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F