Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ashburn, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and breweries. Top sights around the area include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, Great Falls Park, and Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Ashburn
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ashburn
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and One Loudoun is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lost Rhino Brewing Company and Old Ox Brewery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Ashburn. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Ashburn Dulles North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Embassy Suites Dulles - North/Loudoun - Our customers like the overall value and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Dulles-North/Loudoun - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, located 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Great Falls Park, which is 13.4 mi/21.6 km away.
Dressing for Ashburn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Ashburn gets about 41.38 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F