Visiting Los Gatos
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Los Gatos, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its wineries. Around the area, top sights include Mystery Spot, Winchester Mystery House, and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Los Gatos
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 14.3 mi (22.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (RHV-Reid Hillview), 14.3 mi (23 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Gatos
The city's natural beauty is on display at Vasona Lake County Park, Castle Rock Falls, and Castle Rock State Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Kings Court Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Villa del Monte Winery and Regale Winery and Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Los Gatos. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Los Gatos - A Greystone Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Toll House Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Garden Inn Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free parking and a business center. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Mystery Spot, 10.5 mi/16.8 km from the city center, and Winchester Mystery House, which is 10.7 mi (17.1 km) away.
Dressing for Los Gatos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 36°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Los Gatos is 49.92 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 37°F