Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sunnyvale, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, live music scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Computer History Museum, California's Great America, and Winchester Mystery House.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Sunnyvale
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 7.2 mi (11.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sunnyvale
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Lace Museum and Guild and Sunnyvale Heritage Park Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Historic Murphy Avenue is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Golfland USA and Serra Park tennis courts.
In Sunnyvale, you'll be able to select from 52 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Staybridge Suites Sunnyvale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- The Grand Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Corporate Inn - Sunnyvale - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Computer History Museum, located 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the heart of the city, and California's Great America, which is 3.9 mi (6.3 km) away.
Getting Around Sunnyvale
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Sunnyvale is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Moffett Park Station, Fair Oaks Station, and Lockheed Martin Station. To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Sunnyvale Station or Sunnyvale Lawrence Station.
Dressing for Sunnyvale
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Sunnyvale gets about 15.71 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F