Visiting Mountain View
Travelers to Mountain View give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, live music scene, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its beaches, theaters, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Computer History Museum and Shoreline Park.
- You'll find 566 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mountain View
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Computer History Museum, Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, and Shoreline Amphitheatre. The city's mountain views and beaches provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Shoreline Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to San Antonio Shopping Center and Charleston Plaza.
In Mountain View, you'll find 57 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Strata - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and clean, quiet rooms.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Palo Alto Mountain View - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include California's Great America, located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center, and Winchester Mystery House, which is 8.7 mi/14.1 km away.
Getting Around Mountain View
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Mountain View Station, Evelyn Station, and Whisman Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Mountain View
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mountain View is 15.71 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F