Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cupertino, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, live music, and theaters. Winchester Mystery House, California's Great America, and Computer History Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Cupertino
- The closest major airport is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palo Alto, CA (PAO-Santa Clara County), 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cupertino
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Cupertino Historical Society and Museum, Euphrat Museum of Art, and Flint Center for the Performing Arts. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Apple Campus and Cupertino Memorial Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cupertino. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott San Jose Cupertino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- Aloft Cupertino - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Winchester Mystery House, 4.5 mi/7.2 km from the heart of the city, and California's Great America, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away.
Dressing for Cupertino
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cupertino is 15.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F