Travelers to Loughborough give high marks for the college vibe and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Highcross Shopping Centre, Jewry Wall, and Leicester Cathedral.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Loughborough
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Loughborough
Cultural venues in the city include Loughborough Town Hall, Charnwood Museum, and John Taylor Bellfoundry Museum. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Loughborough University and University of Nottingham Sutton Bonington Campus. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Prestwold Hall and Rushcliffe Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Loughborough. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Manor House at Quorn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Royal Oak - Inn - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Quorn Grange Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Highcross Shopping Centre, 9.8 mi/15.8 km from the heart of the city, and Jewry Wall, which is 9.8 mi (15.9 km) away.
Getting Around Loughborough
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Loughborough Station, Barrow-upon-Soar Station, or Sileby Station. Loughborough might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Loughborough
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Loughborough gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F