Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Manchester hotel in Manchester City Centre, walk to Manchester Palace Theatre
Popular property highlights
Located in Manchester City Centre, this luxury hotel is steps from The Green Room and Manchester Palace Theatre. Deansgate Locks and Manchester Art Gallery are also within 10 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness center and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a 24-hour business center, and self parking.
All 270 rooms provide conveniences like refrigerators and coffee makers, plus free WiFi and flat-screen TVs with digital channels. Guests will also find 24-hour room service, free bottled water, and hair dryers.
- Central location
- Clean guestrooms
- Guestroom size
- Comfy beds
- Guestrooms were a little noisy
The Principal Manchester
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a meeting room.
Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. Event facilities measure 25446 square feet (2364 square meters). This Victorian hotel also offers a fitness center, multilingual staff, and concierge services. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
The Principal Manchester is a smoke-free property.
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-out
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 270
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 5
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 25446
- Television in common areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Conference space size (meters) - 2364
- Year Built 1902
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
The Refuge by Volta - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 18.00 per day
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Palace Hotel Manchester
- Palace Manchester
- Principal Manchester Hotel
- Principal Hotel
- Principal Manchester
We should mention
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.