Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Merthyr Tydfil
Visitors can enjoy all that Merthyr Tydfil has to offer including the monuments and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and tucked away setting. A top sight in the area is Castell Coch.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Merthyr Tydfil
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 27 mi (43.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Swansea (SWS), 31.8 mi (51.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Merthyr Tydfil
Notable city landmarks like Brecon Mountain Railway and Cyfarthfa Park and Museum might be worth a visit. Additionally, you'll find Castell Coch in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Merthyr Tydfil. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Arfryn House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Queen Bee & B - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Studios At Glenthorne - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include free WiFi and laundry facilities. Expedia customers love its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Museum of Welsh Life, located 21.4 mi (34.5 km) from the city center, and Llandaff Cathedral, which is 21.5 mi/34.6 km away.
Getting Around Merthyr Tydfil
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Merthyr Tydfil Station, Pentre-bach Station, or Troed-y-Rhiw Station. Merthyr Tydfil may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Merthyr Tydfil
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 37.68 inches of rain falls on Merthyr Tydfil each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Merthyr Tydfil?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Merthyr Tydfil, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Merthyr Tydfil?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Merthyr Tydfil?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Merthyr Tydfil?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation in Merthyr Tydfil?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Brecon Mountain Railway?
What about the best place to stay close to Cyfarthfa Park and Museum?
What's the best luxury hotel in Merthyr Tydfil?
What are some accommodations with pools in Merthyr Tydfil?
Recent reviews of Merthyr Tydfil hotels
More trip options
- Merthyr Tydfil Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Merthyr Tydfil Airports
- Hotels near Popular Merthyr Tydfil Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Merthyr Tydfil
- More Hotel Options in Merthyr Tydfil
- More Popular Hotels in Wales
- Other Hotels near Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends