Visiting Ebbw Vale
Visitors can enjoy all that Ebbw Vale has to offer including the festivals, temples, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, shopping, and sporting events. A top sight in the area is Castell Coch.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Ebbw Vale
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 34.8 mi (56.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ebbw Vale
Castell Coch is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Big Pit National Coal Museum and Brecon Mountain Railway.
As you start planning your visit to Ebbw Vale, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 73 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Cosy Dragon @sherlock Holmes is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the center of Ebbw Vale. This 3.5-star apartment in Ebbw Vale features free parking.
- Future Inns Cardiff Bay is 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from central Ebbw Vale. This 4-star hotel in Cardiff features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
- Clayton Hotel Cardiff is located 22 mi (35.5 km) from the heart of Ebbw Vale. This 4-star hotel in Cardiff features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Getting Around Ebbw Vale
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Ebbw Vale Town Station or Ebbw Vale Parkway. Ebbw Vale might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ebbw Vale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Ebbw Vale gets about 1.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F