Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monaghan, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and bars. In Monaghan, there are 4 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Monaghan
Families come for attractions such as Sam More Open Farm, Rally School Ireland, and Wildlife and Heritage Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monaghan County Museum and Church Square.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Hillgrove Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Monaghan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Monaghan gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 64°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F