Visitors can enjoy all that Montrose has to offer including the parks, museums, and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, bars, and beaches. Top sights around the area include Montrose Basin and Thirlestane Castle.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Montrose
- The closest major airport is in Dundee (DND), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 35.3 mi (56.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Montrose
The picturesque setting of Montrose Basin and Montrose Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Montrose Museum and Art Gallery and House of Dun.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Montrose. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- St. Cyrus Village Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Chapel House - Our customers like the beach locale and clean rooms at this B&B. Amenities in this 3.5-star B&B guestroom include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- George Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Thirlestane Castle, located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center, and Drum Castle, which is 27.1 mi (43.6 km) away.
Getting Around Montrose
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Montrose Station. Montrose may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Montrose
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Montrose gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F