Visiting Mount Pleasant
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mount Pleasant, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, cafés, and architecture.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Pleasant
- The closest major airport is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 55.1 mi (88.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Pleasant
The city's cultural venues include Modern Western Museum and Northeast Texas Rural Heritage Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake Bob Sandlin State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mount Pleasant Civic Center and Shadow Lakes Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mount Pleasant. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Mt. Pleasant - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Pleasant - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and room size.
Dressing for Mount Pleasant
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 31°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- Mount Pleasant gets about 47.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 33°F