Find Hotels in Gilmer, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Aug 11, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Gilmer has to offer including its museums. There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 38.2 mi (61.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gilmer
A favorite place to visit in the city is Historic Upshur Museum. In the area, you'll also find Gladewater Saturday Night Opry and Witness Park and Prayer Tower.
As you plan your trip to Gilmer, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 68 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Treehouse: Romantic Hideaway on Private Lake is 12 mi (19.2 km) from central Gilmer. This 3-star hotel in Longview features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Wingate by Wyndham - Longview is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the center of Gilmer. This 2.5-star hotel in Longview features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Longview South Hotel is located 24.8 mi (39.9 km) from the heart of Gilmer. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Longview can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Dressing for Gilmer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 46.81 inches of rain falls on Gilmer each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 33°F