Families will find kid-friendly activities in Longview, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and baseball games.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Longview
- The closest major airport is in Longview, TX (GGG-East Texas Regional), 7.5 mi (12 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tyler, TX (TYR-Pounds Regional), 40.4 mi (65 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Longview
Cultural venues in the city include Anne Dean Turk Fine Arts Center, East Texas Oil Museum, and Jefferson Historical Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Harrison County Courthouse, Starr Family Home State Historic Site, and Texas and Pacific Railway Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake O' the Pines, Caddo Lake State Park, and Caddo Lake.
In Longview, you'll find 97 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Longview North - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Delta Street Inn - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Longview
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Longview Station or Marshall Depot. Longview might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Longview
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Average annual rainfall for Longview is 49.57 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 38°F