Visiting Mount Pleasant
Families enjoy visiting Mount Pleasant though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, university setting, and monuments.
- You'll find 30 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Burlington
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, IA (BRL-Southeast Iowa Regional), 26 mi (41.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Pleasant
The city's natural beauty is on display at Saunders Park, Cranes Pond Park, and McMillan Park. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Mount Pleasant. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Mt. Pleasant Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Mt Pleasant - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Mount Pleasant - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Mount Pleasant
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Mt. Pleasant Station. Mount Pleasant may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mount Pleasant
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 38.43 inches of rain falls on Mount Pleasant each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F