Visitors to Nakuru are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's volcano viewpoints and safari tours. A top sight in the city is Lake Nakuru National Park. In Nakuru, there are 139 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nakuru
The city's cultural venues include Hyrax Hill Prehistoric Site and Kariandusi Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Thomson Falls, Nyahururu Catholic Church, and Dragon's Teeth Viewpoint. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Lake Nakuru National Park, Lake Elmenteita, and Menengai Crater.
In Nakuru, you'll find 139 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sarova Woodlands Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this lodge. With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Naivasha Kongoni Lodge - This 4-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Nakuru
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.20 inches of rain falls on Nakuru each year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while September and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F