Visitors can enjoy all that Nisyros has to offer including the volcano viewpoints and museums. In Nisyros, there are 5 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Kos (KGS-Kos Island Intl.), 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kalymnos (JKL-Kalymnos Island National), 29 mi (46.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nisyros
Places to visit in the larger region include Agios Panteleimon Monastery, Knidos, and Charkadio Cave. Additionally, you'll find Amphitheatre of Knidos and Kardamena Port in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Nisyros. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Melanopetra is 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city's heart. Located in Nisyros, this 3.5-star apartment features a kitchen and a fireplace.
- La casa d'Irene is located within 2.6 mi (4.2 km) of the city center. This 3-star guesthouse in Nisyros features free WiFi, free parking, and a snack bar/deli. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Romantzo is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Nisyros can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Nisyros
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Nisyros gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 45°F