Visitors can enjoy all that Ottapalam has to offer including the temples and festivals. There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kozhikode (CCJ-Calicut Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.6 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Coimbatore (CJB), 54 mi (86.9 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ottapalam
Kadampuzha Bhagavathy Temple is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Ottapalam, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 36 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- River Retreat Heritage Ayurvedic Resort is 4.9 mi (7.8 km) from the center of Ottapalam. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cheruthuruthy can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sree Krishna Residency is 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from central Ottapalam. This 3-star hotel in Chavakkad features a restaurant and a 24-hour front desk.
- KTDC Nandanam Guruvayoor is located 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the heart of Ottapalam. This 3-star hotel in Chavakkad features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
Getting Around Ottapalam
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Vadanamkurussi Station, Kulukkallur Station, or Vadanamkurussi Karakad Station. Ottapalam might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ottapalam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ottapalam is 2.32 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 71°F