Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Ottawa hotel near Parliament Hill
Popular property highlights
Rising above the Rideau Canal, this French Renaissance-style hotel is regally situated next door to Parliament, across the street from the ByWard Market, and within walking distance of many museums.
The hotel houses Wilfrid's restaurant, specializing in fresh, regional cuisine, and the elegant Zoé's Lounge, hosting a popular Afternoon Tea. Also on site is a health club with an Art Deco pool.
Fairmont Château Laurier guestrooms are decorated with rich fabrics and period-style furnishings. Amenities include high-speed Internet access, TVs with cable and pay movies, and bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Fairmont Chateau Laurier
This historic hotel, built in 1912 to resemble a Renaissance-era French château, is adjacent to Parliament Hill. The Rideau Canal, Rideau Shopping Center, and ByWard Market are across the street, and numerous museums are within 2 miles (3 kilometers).
Wilfrid's restaurant, with spectacular views of Parliament Hill, specializes in regional dishes, and Zoé's Lounge, with elegant, timeless décor, hosts a popular Afternoon Tea with fresh-baked scones and Devonshire cream.
The on-site health club has cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs, men's and women's changing rooms, and an indoor, Art Deco lap pool.
A business center offers five workstations with high-speed Internet access and a printer, color copier, and fax machine (surcharges). Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge in public areas. Self and valet parking available for a surcharge.
- Express check-in
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1912
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 20
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 429
- Number of floors - 6
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Rollaway/extra beds available
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 13.95 per day ), Wireless internet access ( CAD 13.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 15 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Pay movies
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- LCD TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Wilfrid's - Elegant main restaurant with views of Parliament Hill and Rideau Canal. Extensive wine list. Celebrates regional Canadian cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. Menu may include Gatineau Hills Wild Mushroom Chowder, Kanata Elk, and Roasted Nunavut Rack of Caribou. Sunday brunch. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Zoé's Lounge - Chandelier-lit lounge noted for its Afternoon Tea, with fresh-baked scones, homemade jam, and Devonshire cream. Cocktail hour. Live jazz on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Open from afternoon to late.
La Terrasse - Outdoor café with views of Parliament Hill and Rideau Canal. Popular for alfresco business lunches and after-theater drinks. Open seasonally, from late morning to evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel has a health club, an Art Deco lap pool, and cardio machines with built-in LCD TVs.
Just across the street, The Rideau Canal offers miles of summertime running, bicycling, and inline skating paths. In the winter, the canal turns into the world's longest skating rink. Nearby Gatineau Park (9 miles, 15 kilometers) offers extensive hiking, mountain biking, and cross-country skiing trails.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for continental breakfast: CAD 24 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 43 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Refrigerator fee: CAD 25 per stay
- Chateau Fairmont Laurier
- Chateau Laurier
- Chateau Laurier Fairmont
- Fairmont Chateau
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Chateau Laurier Ottawa
- Fairmont Laurier
- Fairmont Hotel Chateau Laurier
- Fairmont Hotel Ottawa
- Fairmont Ottawa
- Ottawa Fairmont
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).