Visitors to Ottumwa are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, university setting, and lakeside setting. In Ottumwa, there are 30 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ottumwa
Cultural venues in the city include Fairfield Arts & Convention Center, Davis County Historical Society Museum, and Appanoose County Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Appanoose County Courthouse and St. Mary's Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Rathbun Lake, Bradely Park, and Lake Sundown.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Ottumwa. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Fairfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Continental Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Ottumwa - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Ottumwa
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ottumwa Station. Ottumwa might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ottumwa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ottumwa is 37.09 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F