Families will find kid-friendly activities in Owensboro, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront, sporting events, and entertainment choices.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Owensboro
- The closest major airport is in Owensboro, KY (OWB-Owensboro-Daviess County Regional), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Evansville, IN (EVV-Evansville Regional), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Owensboro
Cultural venues in the city include Owensboro Museum of Science and History, International Bluegrass Music Museum, and Theatre Workshop of Owensboro. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Smothers Park, Yellow Creek Park, and Western Kentucky Botanical Garden. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Towne Square Mall and Owensboro Museum of Fine Art.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Owensboro. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Owensboro/Downtown-Waterfront - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Owensboro Riverfront - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Owensboro - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Eastland Mall, located 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Holiday World and Splashin' Safari, which is 26 mi/41.9 km away.
Dressing for Owensboro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 25°F at night
- Owensboro gets about 44.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F