Families will find kid-friendly activities in Paisley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral and museums. Around the area, top sights include Paisley Abbey, Burrell Collection, and Glasgow Science Centre.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Paisley
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 24 mi (38.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Paisley
Notable city landmarks like Paisley Abbey and Coats Observatory might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Paisley Museum and Art Gallery and St. Mirren Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Paisley. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Muirholm Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Ashtree House Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Airport - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and proximity to the airport.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Burrell Collection, 5.2 mi/8.3 km from the city center, and Glasgow Science Centre, which is 5.8 mi (9.3 km) away.
Getting Around Paisley
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Paisley Canal Station, Paisley St James Station, or Paisley Gilmour Street Station. Paisley may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Paisley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Paisley gets about 52.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F