History buffs and nature enthusiasts enjoy visiting Palenque though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, cafés, and archaeological sites.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Palenque
- The closest major airport is in Palenque, Chiapas (PQM-Palenque Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palenque
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Pre-Hispanic City and National Park of Palenque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aluxes Eco Park and Museo de Sitio Palenque.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Palenque. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Boutique Hotel Quinta Chanabnal - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Hotel Chablis Palenque - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Ciudad Real Palenque - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Dressing for Palenque
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Palenque gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F