Visitors can enjoy all that Pietermaritzburg has to offer including the casinos, gardens, and cocktail bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodations in Pietermaritzburg
- The closest major airport is in Pietermaritzburg (PZB), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Durban (DUR-King Shaka Intl.), 44.5 mi (71.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pietermaritzburg
Attractions like National Botanical Gardens and Butterflies for Africa are fun for everyone, not just kids. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Old Prison and Macrorie House Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Pietermaritzburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Road Lodge Pietermaritzburg - This 1-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Imperial Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ilawu Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LCD TVs.
Dressing for Pietermaritzburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Pietermaritzburg each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 52°F