Find Hotels in Piran
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jul 26, 2020
Travelers give high marks for the seaside in Piran, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, churches, and cocktail bars.
- There are 77 hotels and other accommodations in Piran
- The closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 20.5 mi (33 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Piran
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Portoroz Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Piran Harbour is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Tartinijev Trg to your agenda.
In Piran, you'll find 77 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Palace Portoroz - This 5-star hotel features a winery, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Apartments Vila Piranesi - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this apartment. Amenities at this 3-star apartment include a restaurant and an in-room kitchenette.
- Boutique Hotel Marita - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its pool and WiFi.
Dressing for Piran
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Piran is 1.34 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F