Visitors to Portales are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, restaurants, and sporting events.
- You'll find 15 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Clovis
- The closest major airport is in Clovis, NM (CVN-Clovis Municipal), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Portales
Places to visit in the larger region include Cannon Air Force Base, Hillcrest Park Zoo, and Clovis Community College. Additionally, you'll find North Plains Mall in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Express & Suites Portales - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Portales
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Portales gets about 19.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 26°F