Providence Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 6 low-cost motels in Providence among the more than 119 lodging choices. When you pick one of these budget accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
When you save on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Providence has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Kennedy Plaza, Rhode Island State Capitol Building, and Roger Williams Park Zoo.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the popularity of car travel and road trips, peaking in the mid-1960s with more than 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers' recommended Providence motels to choose from:
Motel 6 Warwick RI - Providence Airport - I-95
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Roger Williams Park Zoo and Kennedy Plaza.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Americas Best Value Inn Providence North Scituate
- A restaurant and free WiFi are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Brown University and Rhode Island State Capitol Building.
Super 8 by Wyndham West Greenwich/Providence
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Woonsocket Motor Inn
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Twin River Casino and Providence College.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
Classic Motor Lodge West Green
- If driving, you'll be within 27 minutes of University of Rhode Island.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Providence
Enjoy the acclaimed theater scene in this historical, family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Providence love its shops, university life, and restaurants.
Here are some popular places:
- Kennedy Plaza
- Rhode Island State Capitol Building
- Roger Williams Park Zoo
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Memorial Park
- Waterplace Park
- Roger Williams National Memorial
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- WaterFire Providence
- Launch Trampoline Park
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park
Providence is also notable for its:
Best Time to Visit Providence
Decide when you'd like to visit Providence by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 21° F
- April-June: 81° F is the daytime average and 35° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 49° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 69° F during the day and 22° F at night
- Average rainfall is 47.20 inches in a year
How to Get to Providence and Around the Area
|Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green) ||Airport ||6.9 mi (11.1 km) |
|Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State) ||Airport ||7.7 mi (12.4 km) |
|North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State) ||Airport ||15.9 mi (25.6 km) |
|Providence Station ||Train Station ||0.4 mi (0.6 km) |