Visitors can enjoy all that Cranston has to offer including the golf courses, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Roger Williams Park Zoo, Kennedy Plaza, and Rhode Island State Capitol Building.
- You'll find 85 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cranston
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Garden City Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mulligan's Island Golf and Entertainment and Governor Sprague Mansion.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Econo Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Roger Williams Park Zoo, located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Kennedy Plaza, which is 5.5 mi/8.9 km away.
Dressing for Cranston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.20 inches of rain falls on Cranston each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F