Visiting Punta Arenas
Visitors to Punta Arenas are sure to enjoy the local tours and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, museums, and monuments.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Punta Arenas
- The closest major airport is in Punta Arenas (PUQ-Carlos Ibanez Del Campo Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Arenas
Cultural venues in the city include Centro Cultural Braun Menendez, Museo Regional Magallanes, and Museo Naval y Maritimo. Notable city landmarks like Santuario Maria Auxiliadora and Monumento al Ovejero might be worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Zona Franca Shopping Area is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Punta Arenas. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cabañas Shenu Patagonia - Amenities at this 3-star cabin include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travelers love its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hotel Albatros - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and 24-hour room service.
- Hotel Boutique La Yegua Loca - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Punta Arenas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 52°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 49°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 35°F at night
- About 15.04 inches of rain falls on Punta Arenas each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 58°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 31°F