Great in the daytime, no sleep at night!
4 / 5 Good
Date of stay July 5-10, 2021
What we really enjoyed about this property:
- great location and close to our family
- wonderful surroundings and trails
- modern, functional space in the living, kitchen and bath areas
- spacious back deck
- wildlife sightings in the front yard nearly every day
- nicely stocked kitchen area and full size stove, microwave
- Washer and dryer!!
- Lots of extra chairs and seating
- solid and well built home
- tankless water heaters (fantastic)
- lots of blackberry bushes (lots of poison ivy too, just be careful) these could be cultivated a bit more and really be made into a fun family activity for your guests
What would keep us from rebooking this cabin:
Dealbreakers, if these aren't addressed, we would not rebook
- Motion lights that come on at night, shine into every crack and crevice of this home and can be seen from the international space station. Aside from the egregious light pollution and disruption to the native wildlife, you can't sleep with these shining in your window with only a thin, white blind between you and the relentless glare (seriously, either turn them off or provide blackout curtains)
- No landline and the wireless isn't strong enough to support cellular calling. In this location not only is this dangerous, but it's super inconvenient when you are visiting family and need to plan events.
You should give these items attention to make your guests more comfortable and prevent allergies, bites, etc
- The entire cabin reeks of mothballs or a similar scent. It is incredibly overpowering and 4 days after returning home our luggage (and even the clean clothes that were in them) still have this smell.
- Neat, but not clean. On our first night there, my 17 yo son was bitten by a spider. I chalked it up to the area but when I took a deeper look the next day, it looked as if no one had moved the furniture to clean or sweep in years. The stove was coated in grease and the floors in the kitchen were dirty. Dishwasher was full and needed unloading. I spent about 3.5 hours of my vacation sweeping edges, cracks and crevices and have pictures of the piles of dust and bugs that I found. Not great.
- Sheets are low quality/scratchy and mattresses are quite flat. Recommend bringing sheets and pillows if you have room.
New! Bidwell Cabin w/ Deck: Trail & Creek Access!
A verified traveler stayed at New! Bidwell Cabin w/ Deck: Trail & Creek Access!
Posted 2 days ago