Visitors to Rishikesh are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and monuments. A top sight in the area is Rajaji National Park.
- You'll find 188 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Haridwar
- The closest major airport is in Dehradun (DED-Jolly Grant), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rishikesh
The city is notable for landmarks like Bharat Mandir, Triveni Ghat, and Parmarth Niketan. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ram Jhula and Lakshman Jhula.
In Rishikesh, you'll find 79 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ganga Kinare - A Riverside Boutique Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and WiFi.
- Dewa Retreat- A Himalayan Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Hill Top Swiss Cottage - This 3-star hotel features 3 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and location.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Rajaji National Park, located 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Rishikesh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 105°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 94°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 30.71 inches of rain falls on Rishikesh each year
- Usually May and June are the hottest months with an average of 102°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F