Visiting Seneca Rocks
Visitors can enjoy all that Seneca Rocks has to offer including its parks. There are 244 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Elkins, WV (EKN-Randolph County), 25 mi (40.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Seneca Rocks
The city's natural beauty is on display at Seneca Rocks, Seneca Caverns, and Dolly Sods Wilderness Area. You'll also find Canaan Valley Ski Resort and Timberline Four Season Resort in the area.
As you plan your trip to Seneca Rocks, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 244 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hampton Inn Elkins is located 24.2 mi (38.9 km) from the heart of Seneca Rocks. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Elkins can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Elkins is 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the center of Seneca Rocks. This 2-star hotel in Elkins features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its central location and room size.
- Canaan Village Inn is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from central Seneca Rocks. This 2.5-star motel in Davis features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Seneca Rocks
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 45.98 inches of rain falls on Seneca Rocks each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 21°F