Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Seward, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its glaciers and local tours.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Seward
- The closest major airport is in Chenega, AK (NCN-Chenega Bay), 49.7 mi (80.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Seward
The seaside and glaciers highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Seward Waterfront Park, Kenai Fjords National Park, and Mount Marathon. Wildlife viewing, taking local tours, and boating are top activities, while sights to visit include Seward Boat Harbor, Caines Head State Recreation Area, and Exit Glacier. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Seward Museum and Alaska SeaLife Center.
In Seward, you'll find 78 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bell in the Woods Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Bear Lake Lodgings Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the bathrooms and location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a private beach, free breakfast, and free parking.
- Renfro's Lakeside Retreat - Cabin's and R.V. Park - With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Seward
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 60°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 50°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Seward is 73.27 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F