Visiting Moose Pass
Visitors to Moose Pass are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Moose Pass
- The closest major airport is in Anchorage, AK (MRI-Merrill Field), 44.5 mi (71.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Anchorage, AK (ANC-Ted Stevens Anchorage Intl.), 44.6 mi (71.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moose Pass
The lakeside and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Summit Lake, Grant Lake Trail, and Tern Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ptarmigan Lake Trail and Kenai Lake.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Moose Pass. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Summit Lake Lodge - This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Inn at Tern Lake - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features a golf course, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Midnight Sun Log Cabins - With a stay at this 2-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Moose Pass
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 60°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 50°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 73.27 inches of rain falls on Moose Pass each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 61°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F