Visitors to Shawnee are sure to enjoy the casinos, shopping, and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the area include Chesapeake Energy Arena, Myriad Botanical Gardens, and Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum.
- You'll find 334 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oklahoma City
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (OKC-Will Rogers World), 38.3 mi (61.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shawnee
The city's cultural venues include Shawnee Little Theatre and Mabee-Gerrer Museum. Additionally, you'll find Jasmine Moran Children's Museum and Seminole Municipal Country Club in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Shawnee. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Shawnee - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Shawnee - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Grand Casino Hotel and Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for Shawnee
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Average annual rainfall for Shawnee is 1.54 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F