Visitors to Edmond are sure to enjoy the shopping, restaurants, and coffeehouses. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights around the area include National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Omniplex Science Museum, and Oklahoma City Zoo.
- You'll find 334 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oklahoma City
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oklahoma City, OK (OKC-Will Rogers World), 20.6 mi (33.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Edmond
Cultural venues in the city include University of Central Oklahoma Jazz Lab, Edmond Historical Society & Musem, and Armstrong Auditorium. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Central Oklahoma is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mitch Park and Coffee Creek Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Edmond. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Stratford House Inns - Edmond - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Two Hearts Inn - Adults Only - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hilton Garden Inn Edmond / Oklahoma City North, OK - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, located 10.6 mi (17 km) from the heart of the city, and Omniplex Science Museum, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Dressing for Edmond
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 38.39 inches of rain falls on Edmond each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 26°F