Those traveling to Choctaw are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Top sights around the area include Oklahoma City Zoo, Omniplex Science Museum, and National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
- You'll find 315 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oklahoma City
- The closest major airport is in Oklahoma City, OK (OKC-Will Rogers World), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oklahoma City, OK (PWA-Wiley Post), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Choctaw
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Oklahoma City Zoo, Omniplex Science Museum, and National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Oklahoma State Capitol and Chesapeake Energy Arena.
As you make plans for a getaway to Choctaw, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 15 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Comfort Inn & Suites is 12.3 mi (19.9 km) from the center of Choctaw. This 2.5-star hotel in Oklahoma City features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway, OK is located 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the heart of Choctaw. This 3-star hotel in Oklahoma City features free breakfast, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Norman, OK is 21.5 mi (34.7 km) from central Choctaw. This 2.5-star hotel in Norman features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
Top places to visit in the area include Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, 14.4 mi/23.2 km from the city center, and Myriad Botanical Gardens, which is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away.
Dressing for Choctaw
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Choctaw gets about 35.91 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F