History buffs will enjoy exploring Sintra, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra National Palace, and Moorish Castle.
- You'll find 3352 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lisbon District
- The closest major airport is in Cascais (CAT), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sintra
Cultural venues in the city include Sintra Science Center, Sintra Toy Museum, and Anjos Teixeira Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Quinta da Regaleira, Sintra National Palace, and Moorish Castle. Other notable sights to explore include Pena Palace and Queluz National Palace.
In Sintra, you'll find 213 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vila Vitorino - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value.
- The Biester Charm House Sintra - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this country house. This 4-star country house features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Chalet Saudade - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Castle of Sao Jorge, 15.3 mi/24.6 km from the heart of the city, and Guincho Beach, which is 6.1 mi (9.9 km) away.
Dressing for Sintra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- Sintra gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F