Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Solna, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, cafés, and waterfront. Top sights around the area include Solvalla, Stockholm City Hall, and Royal Swedish Opera.
- You'll find 434 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Stockholm
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Solna
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Mall of Scandinavia and Solna Centrum Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Friends Arena and Haga Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Solna. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Winery Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a winery, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
- Quality Hotel Friends - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to public transit at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Elite Hotel Carolina Tower - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Solvalla, 2.4 mi/3.9 km from the heart of the city, and Stockholm City Hall, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Getting Around Solna
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Solna is simple. You can access metro transit at Solna Center Tram Stop, Solna centrum T-Bana, and Näckrosen T-Bana. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Stockholm Solna Station or Stockholm Ulriksdal Station.
Dressing for Solna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 54°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- About 0.67 inches of rain falls on Solna each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F