Visitors can enjoy all that Soshanguve has to offer including the university setting, parks, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include Kruger Museum and Voortrekker Monument.
- You'll find 1131 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Johannesburg
- The closest major airport is in Pretoria (PRY-Wonderboom), 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Johannesburg (HLA-Lanseria), 31.2 mi (50.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Soshanguve
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Soshanguve Crossing Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Tshwane University of Technology is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Tswaing Crater to your agenda.
As you start planning for your getaway to Soshanguve, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 296 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Meisa Luxury Apartments is 2 mi (3.2 km) from central Soshanguve. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Soshanguve can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Hatfield is 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the center of Soshanguve. This 3-star hotel in Hatfield features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Sheraton Pretoria Hotel is located 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the heart of Soshanguve. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Arcadia can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Top places to see around the area include Kruger Museum, 16 mi/25.7 km from the heart of the city, and Voortrekker Monument, which is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away.
Dressing for Soshanguve
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Soshanguve gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F