Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, gardens, and breweries. Matthew Knight Arena, Autzen Stadium, and McArthur Court are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 106 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Eugene
- The closest major airport is in Eugene, OR (EUG-Mahlon Sweet Field), 10.8 mi (17.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corvallis, OR (CVO-Corvallis Municipal), 34.3 mi (55.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
Families come for attractions such as Dorris Ranch, Regional Sports Center, and Lively Park Swim Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Willamalane Park Swim Center and Willamette National Forest. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gateway Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Springfield. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Springfield - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Holiday Inn Eugene - Springfield - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Eugene/Springfield - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to see outside the city include Matthew Knight Arena, located 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center, and Autzen Stadium, which is 2.5 mi (4 km) away.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Springfield is 46.14 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F