Visiting St. Johnsbury
Families enjoy visiting St. Johnsbury though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, musical theater, and art.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in St. Johnsbury
- The closest major airport is in Lyndonville, VT (LLX-Caledonia County), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Whitefield, NH (HIE-Mount Washington Regional), 23.2 mi (37.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Johnsbury
Cultural venues in the city include Catamount Arts, St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, and Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium. Additionally, you'll find Great Vermont Corn Maze and Kilburn Crags in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable beds.
Dressing for St. Johnsbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 9°F at night
- About 39.49 inches of rain falls on St. Johnsbury each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 8°F