Find Hotels in Sungai Petani
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Sungai Petani
Families enjoy visiting Sungai Petani though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, golf courses, and coffeehouses.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in Sungai Petani
- The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sungai Petani
Favorite places to visit in the city include Central Square, Farmers Golf Club, and Blissful Memorial Park. Additionally, you might want to add Semeling Jetty to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Sungai Petani. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Park Avenue Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Purest Hotel Sungai Petani - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- T+ Hotel Sungai Petani - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include TESCO, located 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Fort Cornwallis, which is 21.1 mi/34 km away.
Dressing for Sungai Petani
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Sungai Petani is 2.68 inches
- May and February are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Sungai Petani?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sungai Petani, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Sungai Petani?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Sungai Petani?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Sungai Petani?
Where is the best hotel to stay close to Semeling Jetty?
What about the best place to stay near Central Square?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Sungai Petani?
Recent reviews of Sungai Petani hotels
More trip options
- Sungai Petani Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sungai Petani Airports
- Hotels near Popular Sungai Petani Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Sungai Petani
- More Hotel Options in Sungai Petani
- Sungai Petani Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Kedah
- Other Hotels near Sungai Petani, Kedah
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends